As your Brownstown auto insurance provider, here we will dish out important tips in helping you lower your premiums. Just follow these smart steps and you will be surprised to discover a much more affordable rate:
- Be a safe driver. This is the first step to acquiring a lowered premium rate. If you have little to no accidents and tickets, you gain better rates on your policy. Remember, even a single accident can affect your driving history. Drive more slowly, steadily and surely, and you’ll enjoy a lower insurance premium.
- Choose a high deductible plan. This is the amount you pay per claim, just before your auto insurance company pairs for the balance of the repair and replacement. In order to save, people tend to purchase policies with lower deductibles. But what they don’t know is that the higher the deductible, the lower the monthly premium will be. One way for you to choose between the two is to determine the best amount of deductible you can afford; one that will still allow you to earn monthly savings.
- Purchase a car with a lower insurance rate. Buying a new car can be very exciting, but you want to take a look at how it will affect your auto insurance premium. New cars will have higher premiums compared to used cars. If you’re thinking of buying a sports car with a bigger engine, prepared to dish out a greater amount.
- Discounts. You may be eligible for discounts. Ask your Brownstown auto insurance provider if you may qualify for these discounts:
- Good driver discount, which is for drivers with a clean driving record
- Safe driver discount, which is useful for those who have taken driving courses
- Multi-vehicle discount is available for drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same provider
- Multi-line discount is also for drivers who also insure their home with the same provider
- Good student discount, for students withgrade B average or higher
- Safe vehicle discount, which is available for those who have installed safety devices on their vehicles.
Keep an eye out for these opportunities and you may enjoy a better, more affordable premium with your car insurance company.